Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving



It's come and gone already. I spent a good chunk of time thinking about "what I'm thankful for", as horribly teen-movie that sounds. But in a year of so much change I think it's important to not take anything for granted. So here are a few things I'm thankful for:

1) At 9.5 months, Eve may finally let Amy and I sleep for 5 hour stretches uninterrupted
2) We don't have to pay property taxes again until May
3) There is a faint possibility that we may escape paying $1700 a month for daycare
4) Eve has not found a way to stick her finger in an electrical socket yet
5) I can walk faster than Eve can crawl
6) Eve's massive smiles, with her little teeth growing in
7) The free babysitting we've received care of family and friends

In all seriousness I am thankful for my amazing family, how my heart melts every time I look at Amy and Eve, that we have a roof and jobs and food, that the dogs are pretty damn good most of the time, and I'm extra thankful for the time I had with my Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment