Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ever felt useless?



As teeth burrow their way through Eve's gums she's developing some finicky habits. One of which includes not letting me put her to bed anymore. She wails when I take her to her room - but only after 7pm.

It's not a nice wail either and it is the most infuriating part of my day. It's happened three days straight.

We developed a routine a while back where I come home and have my time with Eve, give Amy a break, and put Eve to bed. Putting Eve to bed is/was one of the really useful things I could do. I'd spend 15-30 minutes rocking her until she's really sleepy and then put her down. Seems easy enough (though the 30 minute sessions were trying).

I really liked that part of my day and really looked forward to it. And now the little imp has crushed me! And possibly crushed Amy as well. I can't even imagine how much she enjoys her break after 9+ hours of taking care of the baby.

I have no idea how to remedy the situation, I just know that it's incredibly frustrating and trying.

Babies aren't so easy is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. If it's any condolence, that looks like a killer tight swaddle. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say consolation.

    ReplyDelete