Friday, April 9, 2010

Finding Time


The best part about instilling sleep patterns in a child is rediscovering "time". From the point Eve is down to sleep to the point we go to bed, Amy and I have a good 2 hours to ourselves.

Two hours may not seem like much in the course of a day, and I'm sure there are crabby jackasses that would say that's too much, but when you have a funny, beautiful, wonderful wife you tend to want to have her to yourself.

I love Eve to bits. Would die and kill for her, but I have officially graduated to the level of "Daddy who loves his daughter like crazy but is ready to let her sleep for a few hours without staring at her and marvelling at her existence/cuteness/farting 24 hours 7 days a week". 22 hours a day, 7 days a week, thank you very much.

And I'm not apologetic about it. I still marvel at her and dote on her, but just as importantly I marvel and dote on the woman I love. Life is getting somewhat back to normal (though very different) and it's time I bug the hell out of Amy with doting.

So if you'll excuse me, I have sappy text messages to write.

1 comment: