Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Endangered Species of the Day

As a parent I worry about what I'm getting Eve in to. I hope to god we don't screw everything up too bad before she's able to enjoy things. So in the spirit of being a dirty, carrot-eating hippie, I bring you the Ontario Species at Risk of the Day (with all kinds of ways to share it).

Endangered Species of the Day

My hope is that Eve grows up to see and appreciate all manner of wildlife and nature. I pray, pray, pray that she doesn't have dreadlocks and wear patchouli, but I sure as shit don't want a kid that throws garbage on the ground or is apathetic about the environment.

And I hope she plays hockey. She'll be Canada's next Wickenheiser or Campbell (but with better hair).

3 comments:

  1. I've been doing weekly hikes with Ada (trying to take advantage of the mountains before we go). When we come back to TO I want to keep it up, you guys or Amy and Eve are welcome to come along some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fantastic. We have a working vehicle. Sign us up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terrified that my daughter will grow up to wear dreadlocks and patchouli. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete