Thursday, February 18, 2010

Whoa, she's actually a person


I'm not sure exactly when it happened but recently I started calling Eve by her name.

For a good 4 or 5 weeks, she was "the baby". She'll still be the "the baby" here and there and will definitely get called "a baby" when she's being wimpy, but now she's Eve.

I think it's a big transition for the little terror. Maybe she gets a name because she started sleeping better and Daddy no longer has moments of blistering frustration. Maybe it's because she smiled at us last week. Maybe it's because I can watch her watch her mobile endlessly.

It's probably because I am constantly trying to get her to smile. "Eeeeeve...smile? Smile for Daddy? Look it's Mommy! Smile for Mommy? You look like you might be happy, can I have a smile?"

She probably thinks her dad is mentally challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment