Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Jealousy

In an unpacked home, rubbermaid + tea towel = crib

I was speaking with a coworker who is also a new-dad/new-dead-man-walking and we both are experiencing the same feelings of jealousy. Jealous that the Moms get to spend so much time with the babies, jealous that the babies seem to be developing more of a bond with the moms, and jealous that Moms get to see babies do cool/cute stuff first.

That being said, I'm sure as shit not jealous that my wife has to deal with daytime sightings of the Nocturn. Had enough of it last night, thank you very much. If only we could figure out what causes the fussing we'd be happier and more alert parents.

I'm also not jealous of how hard it is to get things done with a fussy baby that needs constant attention and will only let you put her down for short stints. Frankly, I have no idea how Amy's going to have the time to beat Super Mario Bros for Wii (when I finally pick it up).

The baby (perhaps I'll start calling her by her name soon) is one of the best things to happen to us, but the worst thing to happen to productivity since the internet. Hence our semi-unpacked home. And the coat hangers I'm yet to hang up. And the curtains that are still packed (hi neighbours!).

No comments:

Post a Comment