Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Dumb Shit We Do As Dads pt. 1


Dads are dumb.

Maybe not all dads but I definitely fall into the "dumb" category. I do dumb stuff and the worst part is that I know it's stupid and can't stop myself.

For instance, my (nearly) 3 week old daughter has the same reflexes all babies have; when you lift them up they kick their legs a bit. So lately I've been trying to get her to "work out". Basically this consists of me picking her up, putting her down on her feet (supported), and "spotting" her as she "stands" up. Repeat for 4 sets of 8 (kidding).

She's a strong little baby but for god's sake man! She's a baby not a power-lifter! And the last thing I need is to get her on her feet and walking extra early. We're tired enough as it is carrying her around and cleaning her diapers let alone chasing her as she hunts for freedom from the wretched grip of her evil parents.

It's really exciting to see her develop. She's moving more, her eyes are more alert, and she still craps like a champ. Trying to accelerate the process may just bite me in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment